A full-on expedition style adventure.
An adventure truly not for the faint hearted. As the name states, Adventure Caving is full on expedition style caving. Following practise, you begin your mini expedition with a 130 ft abseil down Hi Hi Tomo. Down under, a scramble over boulders in dry rift passages take you to the active waterways of Te Tahi Cave.
Wire ladders are used to climb rifts and waterfalls. Stealth and commitment is required to climb, chimney, bridge gaps and crawl through amazing passages.
Active waterways replace the dry sporty passages with cascades, waterfalls, and squeezes. It is great fun and a physical challenge negotiating these narrow water passages, but essential to return to the larger well decorated dry caverns.
Along the way you will have a snack in the white room stacked with superb formation. You will come face to face with fossils and develop an understanding of what exploratory caving is all about. Adventure Caving is guaranteed to challenge your fears and phobias!
- Must have a good level of fitness
- Full mental commitment required
- Allow 5 hours return from our Charleston Base
- Suitable for 16 years and over
- Swimwear and a towel required
- Trips depart 9am, 11.30am, 2.00pm (Winter 10.00am, 12.30pm)
- We photograph your trip with free downloads